- Any medium may be submitted, including photography, but must be original work.
- Subject open to personal interpretation.
- All works will be included in the competition.
- Works may be offered for sale, a 10% commission will be charged by WAAF
- No entry fee will be charged.
- Artwork should be submitted as High Res Jpegs
- Your entry should be no more than 500 words, excluding the title
- Minimum 300 words
- It must an original piece; your own work, not entered in any previous competitions and not previously published
- Do not put your name on the story
- Please ensure you have proofread your entry, checking spelling and grammar
- Written work can be sent in any format
- WAAF will proofread entries and reserve the right to alter works.
- Give your entry a title, it should not be called ‘Vision’
- Complete an ENTRY FORM, please send your entry and the form to email@example.com.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your entry has been received. If you do not hear within 14 days, please follow up
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the results
- No more than two entries per person.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday 29 May 2020 12.00 midday
JUDGING: The competition will be judged online by the general public. A voting system will be in place where an e-mail address is required. Each person will be allowed one vote for the art competition and one for the literary competition. If the organisers (WAAF Committee and Watford Borough Council) identify that more than one vote has been cast in each category by an individual, their votes will be excluded.
VOTING DEADLINE: Votes may be submitted until Friday 17 June 12.00 midday
RESULTS: Will be announced on Monday 20 June 2020 – a prize giving will be organised at a later date. Please submit any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.